Wednesday, March 19, 2008

what i'm up to today

I haven't been blogging much, because my husband and I spent last week & weekend in Atlantic City and NYC. (The first time we've ever been away with no kids for more than one night.) It was heavenly, and though not part of "the" cure it was "a" cure for me.

So when we returned on Sunday, I started in on the plan...picked up tons of stuff and put it away and cleaned the floors.

Today, I will spend 15 minutes in every room, picking up laundry and adding stuff to the outbox, and then I will tackle the kitchen. It is a mess, but the cupboards and fridge are fairly empty (i really must shop tomorrow), so it shouldn't be too bad. And then it will be all clean for Easter weekend (if it even lasts that long). We have no dishwasher, so it is a constant battle to clean up dishes from 6 people.

Two problems in my kitchen that I never solved during the Fall Cure:
1. The recycling/trash corner
2. The paper dumping ground (one of several found in different areas throughout the house.)
My main goal for this week is to identify and purchase products necessary to solve these big issues.

3 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Yay, you're back!
Do keep us posted.

Poppy Frock said...

thanks! haven't been able to blog or comment a whole lot, but still following everyone!

Debbie said...

Hats off to you--with four kids you might be super busy but still manage to do the cure. I am behind my reading and I have to try and squeeze some time. Read your other blog--I have relatives in Pittsburgh and I visited them in December 1995. My first White Christmas and it was magical!