Monday, November 12, 2007

Joyous colors: overall plan

(this is me with DH and our brood taken during our summer vacation)













I did the Color Self Analysis and am a High Contrast Winter...which means my flattering colors would be dark clear primary colors with these specific suggestions:
Neutral: Black (I have this covered at least)
Romantic Red: Light Pink (I haven't worn this color since 1982)
Power Red: Cherry
Dramatic Color: Deep Aqua (Teal)
Understated: Deep Purple
Metal: Silver

This season, I've been attracted to deep teal, bright yellow, pumpkin, dark red, chocolate, moss green, dusky plum and midnight blue. The bright yellow is the only one on my list that is clearly unflattering to my skin tone...so, at least my likes pretty much mesh with the suggested flattering colors.
For now, I plan to stick with my basic black-on-bottom uniform (with the addition of a wish-list skirt in chocolate and one in dark charcoal) I plan to add these colors in tops/accessories:
























Last night in a fit of insanity, I ordered this coat in charcoal. It seemed a reasonable price and has a touch of the bohemian that I am seeking--it might be a bit flamboyant for ferrying kids around town, but I splurged. I also might buy this coat from Target (in real-life, the color is definitely more teal than the picture shows, the price is good, and I definitely get a lot of use out of coats during a Pittsburgh winter.)

5 comments:

zooza said...

I'm glad you're joining WT - we're really getting quite a group going! Those colours you have chosen are beautiful - jewel colours always seem to bring a richness to the winter months which is indeed very joyous.

And what a great photo of your family. I notice you are wearing your "power red". :-)

scb said...

That red top you're wearing in the photo looks absolutely fantastic on you!

Great choices of coats -- particularly the "bohemian" one... I think you'll feel great when you wear it!

(Nice family you have.)

Colleen said...

both coats are beautiful, especially the charcoal one! I have a tender spot for lovely wool coats (might explain why I own several) because they can totally perk you up on a dreary winter day.

drwende said...

Snazzy! The gray "bohemian" coat is just right -- enough beading to make the statement that this is not Pat Nixon's plain cloth coat, but not so much that it's going to put on a feathered headdress and start dancing to the soundtrack of Mame during a parent/teacher conference.

Gorgeous colors -- I'm envying the high-contrast winters lately, as everything in the stores right now is for you.

Alana in Canada said...

Beautiful coat choices. I decided today I'm going to have to get a new one. These look fabulous.

And I totally understand about the monsters. I have two--I can't imagine four!