Saturday, November 17, 2007

where the wild things are....here in pittsburgh


So, I started with my piles this morning. I pulled everything out of my closet and started sorting...didn't get very far. I left the room to answer the phone, and when my brief conversation with my sister was over, I returned to work. Alas, the 4 monsters (previously referred to as children) had a party in my absence. My clothes are now completely jumbled together from being jumped on and tossed about like confetti. I threw them all in a big tub (the clothes, not the kids) and will resume piling on Monday. (My car is in the shop anyway, so I won't be going anywhere.) Well, at least I did find something to wear to dinner tonight. (Hooray!!! We have a babysitter!!!! just hope the monsters have reverted back to children by then.)

I am sooo very far behind everyone else.

3 comments:

scb said...

You said you're behind everyone else -- many of the rest of us don't have kids, or not four kids, anyway. That makes a BIG difference.

Good luck with the piling on Monday, and have a wonderful time this evening!

drwende said...

Remembering how much my life slowed down the summer that my younger sister, then 8, stayed with me for a couple weeks -- I'm amazed people with multiple full-time children get anything done. I know you do, but it surpasses logic and does make me wonder exactly how lazy I am.

Anyway, we're going to take two weeks over Week 4 because this coming week is potentially complicated for so many people. So you gain some space to catch up!

Colleen said...

welcome to the club! Don't worry- I started late too, but in two weekends I've churned through every closet and dresser in my house and now I feel pretty caught up. It's great to have the group providing positive reinforcement, and it's also delightful to talk to other people about wardrobe issues...