Friday, November 2, 2007

week eight??? already???

Though absent from the blogging world for a few weeks, I still plugged away at the cure. Accomplishments:
1. I got the bathroom cleaned and purged tons of excess bed sheets & pillowcases.
2. Deep-cleaned the children's rooms and got rid of several bags of unneeded/outgrown clothing.
3. Deep-cleaned our bedroom.
4. Purchased one set of pretty bed sheets. (even though I previously declared a moratorium.)
5. Deep-cleaned the dining room and organized shelves and books...purchased lampshades for outdated chandelier's glass shades.
6. Deep-cleaned the living room.

I am not quite ready to party yet, but do have plans to invite friends to dinner in 2 weeks.

I still want to do the one-room treatment on the master bedroom, then the living room. We finally have enough money saved up to rewire our house and purchase some new appliances, which means some updating of the kitchen (a dishwasher--yay!!). Once the rewiring is done, I'll have another round of curing to do, because we will have some wall repair and repainting. I'll finally be able to move husband's electronics and record albums (thousands!) from the living room to the attic (it will be his man cave), which will leave room in the living room for some bookshelves flanking the fireplace and an additional arm chair. I think I'll paint the living room a pale yellow to bring in some sunlight, and I want to hang velvet drapes. I love this picture of Catiaelizabeth's living room from the Fall Colors Contest, and will use it for inspiration:



















I also love this photo of Erin's Home of Happiness (I will eventually figure out where I can use a tiny bit of wallpaper somewhere in my house)

2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Those are wonderful inspiration phots--and congrats on all the cleaning!
A blown fuse in our four panel breaker box has convinced the husband and I to hire an electrician and update the wiring here too. I don't want to do it. We have plaster and lathe walls--do you? And I'm scared of putting big holes in them.

Poppy Frock said...

We also have plaster & lathe.....we are hoping most of the wires can be run behind the existing baseboards, which is where electrical outlets are now but changes in city building codes might mean we will have to damage some walls to put outlets at code height...in either case, I'm sure we are in for a lot of dust and cleanup, but it will be worth it to be able to use the toaster & the coffee maker at the same time (and to get the coveted dishwasher).